Repping Beantown.com

Solange Speaks on "mystery marriage" and More!

published by Angella at 10/02/2007 05:34:00 PM

2007-10-02

Solange Knowles recently conducted an interview with Essence Mag. Where the mother/singer speaks on her "mystery marriage", being a mommy and her music career *thinking*(does she even have one?)
On Daddy Knowles passing her the batton:
ESSENCE.com: Your dad once said you were the family’s “secret weapon.” Does that mean folks better get ready for your musical arsenal?
S.K.: (Laughs) Umm, he could’ve meant that in a couple of different ways. There are a lot of times when people are diplomatic about things and I’m not that type. I’m not afraid to say exactly what I mean. I don’t feel like I owe anybody other than my child and my family anything. So if someone has opinions about something, then that’s fine, but I’m not going to just smile and hold it in. Also I think I’m a little different in the fact that if someone tells me to go right, I usually go left.
On Rumors:
ESSENCE.com: Let’s address some of the rumors out there. Apparently, folks believe you left your husband for Lil Wayne. Is that true
S.K.: (Laughs) That’s absolutely not true. Yes, we know each other but I absolutely did not leave my husband for him
On her Big Sis Beyonce:
ESSENCE.com: So you don’t aspire to your sister’s level of superstardom?
S.K.: No, I don’t want to get that far. (Laughs) I feel really bad for my sister. I’m always like “Oh, let’s go to the mall” or “Let’s go here” and she can’t. I enjoy having that.
ESSENCE.com: But do you ever feel as if you have to compete with her?
S.K.: No, I think that as artists we’re totally different, and when this record comes out it will express that. But I admire my sister so much. She’s one of my role models in that she is successful and classy. She’s very diplomatic and lives her life true to self.{READ MORE}
Click to Get RBTF Icons for your website!

What next?

0 representers:


Your Ad Here