Repping Beantown.com

Monster Jam Recap

published by Shaina at 10/30/2007 05:50:00 AM

2007-10-30

Monster Jam 2007 went down last night at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. Before I give a recap of the show's highs and lows, however, please allow me to vent my frustrations: First off, the show was cut short during Lil Wayne's performance! WTF?! Of the all the artists on the bill, Weezy (the headliner) is cut short?! Mr. Carter was presssssed when production cut his mic, too. Wayne took a bow, dropped the mic and walked off stage salty with his entourage. I suspect it was because Kayne -- who performed before Wayne -- significantly delayed the show when production had to setup his stage. I love Kayne, but he is so extra sometimes! I need to get a recap of what happened on the Ramiro and Pebbles show.
Secondly, where was Fabolous?! If I'm not mistaken, Fab did an interview with Ramiro and Pebbles yesterday morning, so he was definitely in The Bean. Again, I'm assuming Fab didn't perform because the show was cut short. I have the urge to ask for a refund, 'cause my tickets weren't cheap! But I digress. *sigh*
Now for the show's the highlights and lowlights: the show started off whack with a whack performance from MIMS. His performance was so whack, I'll spare ya'll a recap. J. Holiday and Plies followed, respectively with decent performances. Too bad no one bought their albums, though. Holiday and Plies did their lead singles, and kept it moving.
The show really picked up when T. Pain hit the stage for his set. I have to admit: I was thoroughly surprised by Pain's performance -- he most def have 110%. Pain interacted with the crowd, did some entertaining dances and gave 110%. And despite what the critics say, T. Pain can actually sing.
Akon followed T. Pain, but real talk: I wasn't interested in his performance, so I hit up the concession stands for a snack break! Sorry, ya'll -- check out JAMN for a recap of Akon's performance.
Kayne West performed up next, and he definitely showed up and showed out! Kayne had a full live orchestra with bright lights, smoke machines and all that jazz. Kayne gave the crowd classics, like "Gold Digger" and "Through the Wire," before bringing it to the present with performances of "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Good Life." Kayne gave several freestyles biggin' up Boston's Red Sox win and the undefeated Patriots. 'Ye must still be salty about the MTV fiasco, 'cause he told the crowd to "move to BET, f*ck MTV." But the crowd went crazy when none other than Mr. Shawn Carter made a surprise appearance to perform a couple of tracks with. Kayne ended his set with an amazing performance of "Stronger" in his signature white shades and a glow-in-the-dark neon jacket -- classic!

Finally, Weezy F. Baby ... high as kite, but entertaining nonetheless! Equipped with his signature Styrofoam cup full of that lean,Wayne hit the stage decked out in Red Sox gear. He didn't get too many songs off before his set was cut, but he interacted well with the crowd. As did Kayne, Wayne gave several shout outs to the Red Sox and Pats ... "F*ck Pedro Martinez," said Wayne. Weezy F. also gave an "Crank That" performance -- HILARITY! ... I'm so pressed his set was cut. Especially since just about everyone was there to see Wayne. There's always next year, I guess.

For more photos, recaps and backstage highlights, hit up JAMN 94.5.

What next?

0 representers:


Your Ad Here