Repping Beantown.com

Free T.I. t-shirts hitting eBay and Case Update

published by Angella at 10/18/2007 03:08:00 PM

2007-10-18

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I have found this very interesting post on the free T.I. shirts that have recently hit the stores and Ebay. So I'm hearing, but have not seen them in person yet. Even though, I did make an effort to buy one yesterday. Who does the fund goes to when those tshirt are being purchased and do the rappers really benefit from this project? More on this and an UPDATE from the T.I. case after the cut ON THE T.I. SHIRTS -
Ever wonder who makes, sells and reaps the profits from all these “FREE [INSERT CURRENTLY INCARCERATED RAPPER HERE]” shirts? Chances are the money definitely doesn’t go to the legal defense fund or, you know, anything that actually helps free said rapper. Just days after T.I. was arrested, “FREE T.I.” shirts have started appearing in stores and on eBay. Some jack his King cover [here] and some are just plain bootleg here. Perhaps there are other ways we can help our troubled icons aside from wearing a t-shirt? {XXL Mag}

ON T.I. CASE IN COURT TOMOROW - *Part 1*

T.I., who was indicted on 3 federal weapons charges yesterday, will make his 2nd court appearance tomorrow(friday) where his attorneys plan to argue their case for his release on bond. T.I.'s pregnant girlfriend, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, and a few of his children (except King, who is still suffering from the effects of tear gas) are expected to be in attendance.

*Part 2*

T.I. was arrested last Saturday after attempting to take possession of machine guns and silencers from his bodyguard in a shopping center parking lot. A bail hearing in federal court on Monday (10/15) was postponed until Friday (10/19). In an interview with the AJC following Monday's hearing, Steve Sadow, one of T.I.'s lawyers said he requested Harris's bond hearing be postponed until Friday to give the defense team more time to prepare. But sources say Sadow and another of T.I.'s lawyers, Dwight Thomas, are preparing to ask U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman to place T.I. on house arrest under electronic surveillance or require him to wear an ankle monitoring device as a condition of his bond. "This would ensure the public's safety as well as allow [T.I.] to continue to support his family until his trial comes up," said a source who is familiar with the case. But a prominent Atlanta attorney said T.I.'s background will be a factor in the judge's decision - "I understand [T.I.] violated his probation with a previous gun charge, not to mention the felony conviction on drug charges in Cobb County," said the attorney, who asked to remain anonymous. "The judge will also take into consideration the company that the young man keeps," said the attorney referring to the two rappers signed to T.I.'s label who were named in the federal affidavit for allegedly providing T.I. with guns. "All of those factors will weigh heavily against him when he goes before the judge," the attorney explained. Once again, T.I.'s 5 children, his pregnant longtime girlfriend Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, and his other two baby mamas - will be in the courtroom for Friday's hearing. "The judge needs to see T.I. as a family man who is devoted to his kids rather than as a thug," said a source. "T.I. is a great, great father. He loves those kids. He worships his family." SR

What next?

3 representers:

Anonymous said...

All i can say is that t.i is human and yes he messed up but you never know he could have been doing that to get the guns off the street. he was just saying on bet how he wanted to give hip hop a new meaning and to get the postive back in the world. I love and support him 100 percent.

Normandie

Zoe' said...

I HOPE ALL GOES WELL IN COURT FOR HIM 2MORROW I KNOW THEY ARE TRYING TO KEEP HIM IN THERE. I HOPE FOR THE BEST. ANOTHER THING I ALSO HOPE TINY IS NOT PREGNANT AND DOING DRUGS I KNOW SHE COUGHT A DRUG CHARGE THAT DAY. BUT I HOPE EVERYTHING IS OK WITH HER TOO.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I really don't see T.I getting out of this. Only Johnny Cochran could help him right about now. May he rest in peace...


Your Ad Here